Day 1 of the IMF’s seminar on Building Fiscal Institutions to Meet Post Crisis Challenges has been successfully concluded. Twenty delegates from ten countries – Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, and Serbia – discussed fiscal institutions, macroeconomic and macro-fiscal forecasting, and shared their experiences and ideas at two workshops on macro-fiscal forecasting and fiscal consolidation.
Photos from day 1 can also be viewed at multimedia (day 1) subsection.
- Delegates’ positive feedback on the seminar
- IMF seminar ends after meaningful discussions on the importance of strong fiscal institutions to meet future challenges
- Presentation of the results of a questionnaire on fiscal institutions and systems in South East European countries
- Experience with medium-term budgeting reforms shared on day 2
- Delegates discussed fiscal forecasting and fiscal consolidations on day 1 of the seminar