Implementation of FMIS: Challenges and Lessons Learned
This webinar aims to open discussion and establish a platform for exchange of experiences on implementation of Financial Management Information System (FMIS). Integrating expertise from various institutions and roles, we intend to provide wider picture on FMIS purpose and usage, as well as to identify challenges that countries can face during the implementation process, and some practical solutions how to overcome them.
About this learning event
Government Financial Management Information System (FMIS) plays an important role in the accumulation and analysis of data and financial information and improvement of financial performance. Therefore, governmental institutions aim to implement efficient and effective FMIS that will support the decision-making process inside the organizations.
At the webinar, we will discuss existing practices in implementation of FMIS in different countries. We will analyze how FMIS has supported integration of PFM processes, which challenges and solutions emerged and how did FMIS impact transparency and accountability in public sector. We will also address some of the practical cases of FMIS implementation and approaches that were used by different countries.
Who should attend
This webinar is primarily designed for public sector employees who are in charge of the process of implementation of FMIS (Ministry of Finance, Treasury and other involved institutions and departments). All other employees interested in this important topic are also welcomed to join.
• Cem Dener, Lead Governance Specialist, World Bank
This webinar is free to join and there is no limitation in a number of participants per institution. Please feel free to bring this webinar to the attention of your colleagues who may find the discussion timely and useful for their work!
• When: November 16, 2021, 14:00 – 15:30 CEST -
• Where: From the convenience of your own computer at the CEF Online Learning Campus. Please note that in order to participate at this webinar, you need the WebEX installed to your computer. This will take only a few minutes but may require you to inform your system administrator. For all the necessary information please read the Guidelines on how to attend a webinar.
• Language: English. No interpretation will be provided.
• Application deadline: Submit your registration by November 13, 2021.
This learning initiative is supported by:
Submit your application today to secure your spot at our course. Deadline for applying to this course is November 13, 2021.Apply