Center of Excellence in Finance (CEF) is international organization based in Ljubljana, Slovenia with the mission to support capacity development for finance officials in South East Europe through learning. We work closely with our constituency and serve as a knowledge hub for the region.
We combine topical expertise in the fields of public financial management, tax policy and administration, central banking and data and analysis for designing policies in the region with a good grasp of leadership skills required to manage reforms. We do this through innovative, participatory, and practical learning solutions. Our staff knows how to nurture and deepen learning among individuals and institutions.
Another important focus of our activities is support to our member institutions in becoming knowledge hubs and learning organizations. This requires strengthening the enabling environment in the institution and the skills of the staff for high-quality knowledge sharing and learning.
- TRUST: We trust ourselves and each other in our goal to deliver high-quality programs, support regional cooperation, and work effectively with our partners.
- TEAM SPIRIT: We respect, accept and support each other in combining our diverse roles and capacities.
- FOCUS ON RESULTS: We set clear and measurable goals with specific action plans and efficient use of resources, while also considering staff interests and capabilities.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: By aligning our personal integrity with clear organizational expectations, we take responsibility for what we do, how we do it and how this affects the world around us.
- OPPORTUNITY TO GROW: We are committed to support an environment where we grow as individuals and team(s).
In line with our key values, we are proud we passed the European Commission’s Pillar Assessment that proves our organization’s financial management and control diligence. OECD Development Assistance Committee (DAC) has also recognized the CEF as a development assistance provider and included it in its official list. These recognitions of financial accountability and focus on development cooperation prove our credibility and capability for wider level of effort in program delivery.
Our Contribution to Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development
We are an official channel for implementing international development cooperation. We are proud that our learning activities support the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 16 (peace, justice and strong institutions) and 17 (partnerships for the goals) as part of the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development.
All our learning activities are intended to improve the capacities of public officials to facilitate their work performance and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels. In the pursuit of our mission we have built strong and reliable partner network that shares our commitment to supporting region’s reform priorities. This creates valuable synergies in implementation of activities and accelerates progress in the realization of the SDGs.
We were established in 2001 under the Stability Pact for South East Europe by the Slovenian Government at the initiative of the Slovenian Ministry of Finance and in close cooperation with other ministries of finance of former Yugoslav countries and Albania. In 2015 the CEF became an international organization after 14 very successful years as a regional institution.