Knowledge Sharing on the Costing of Structural Reforms: Serbia (By Invitation)
About this learning event
This workshop aims to ensure proper costing and allocation of public resources (from budget and other sources) needed for the implementation of structural reforms prioritized in ERPs. Participants will review the drafted costs of structural reforms to be included in the next ERP of their country, while ensuring compliance with the methodological guidance for costing of structural reforms. Through practical hands-on exercises, participants will make a comparison with structural reforms from previous ERPs and learn from similar experiences of other countries to strengthen their capacities for assessing the costs of structural reforms. Participants will be engaged in open discussions about the challenges faced, problem-solving exercises and review of case studies, and will participate in one-to-one consultations with experts. This event will take into account existing country specific procedures and institutional capacities and priorities.
This event will be highly participatory and oriented towards practical implementation of the Costing Guidance to structural reforms to be included in the next ERP. By attending it, the participants will have a possibility to jointly work with lecturing experts and peers form other institutions involved in ERP preparation, to assess and determine the prospects for overcoming the main costing challenges. In particular, participants will have the opportunity to strengthen their skills needed for assessing fiscal implications of structural reforms by:
- Learning about the novelties from the European Commission‘s Guidance for the ERP 2022-2024 and how they influence the ERP preparation process
- Refreshing the knowledge about the Methodological Guidance for Costing of Structural Reforms and how to practically implement it on the draft measures
- Appraising how well articulated measures’ description and sequencing can contribute to realistic costs and secured funding for their implementation
- Assessing how to streamline the process of cooperation and information exchange between line ministries, the Ministry of Finance Budget Department, and the ERP Coordinator.
Who should attend
Officials of finance and policy departments of line ministries and budget analysts in ministries of finance, who are involved in the design and coordination of ERPs
- Coordinator for the ERP preparation and their team members
- Officials from line ministries and ministry of finance who are members of the working group for preparation of the ERP Chapter 5 on Structural Reforms.
- Basic information technology is needed to participate (internet connection and computer).
- The event will be delivered in Serbian language.
- Upon successful completion of this event, you will receive a certificate.
- No participation fee will be charged.
- Mojmir Mrak, CEF Expert, Professor at the University of Ljubljana
- Jelena Rančić, CEF Local Expert, Quantitative Analytics Coordinator, NALED, Former Assistant Minister, Ministry of Finance of Serbia
This event is delivered as part of the EU funded multi-country project “Strengthening Line Ministries’ Capacities to Assess Fiscal Implications of Structural Reforms” (FISR) implemented by the CEF.