The FISR Project – Fiscal Implications of Structural Reforms
The CEF has been entrusted with a mandate to design and implement the project ‘Strengthening Line Ministries’ Capacities to Assess Fiscal Implications of Structural Reforms’. The project will be carried out during the years 2019–2021 and it is funded by the European Union through the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance. It aims at supporting public officials, mainly from line ministries but also ministries of finance and other institutions in the EU candidate countries and potential candidates.
As the project "Strengthening Line Ministries’ Capacities to Assess Fiscal Implications of Structural Reforms (FISR)" successfully came to an end, we are…
We talked to Melahat Kutlu, a local consultant in the EU-funded “Strengthening Line Ministries’ Capacities to Assess Fiscal Implications of Structural…
- No ongoing and upcoming events.
The implementation of structural reforms often faces challenges in the prioritization of effective reforms, calculation of costs and securing budget for implementation. The project will enable participants to understand and address these challenges to ensure sound and consistent assessment of the fiscal implications of structural reforms.
The FISR project strengthens:
- Analytical and costing capacities of line ministries to improve their ability for comprehensive assessment of fiscal implications of structural reforms
- Coordination within respective line ministries, as well as between the respective line ministries and a ministry of finance
- Cooperation and exchange of good practices among public officials as well as institutions across the region
The project will also contribute to well-designed planning documents of structural reforms; enhanced budgeting; reinforced practical skills of public officials; established collaboration with Technical Assistance providers (IMF, OECD, TAIEX); and enhanced knowledge sharing via training public officials as trainers.
The objectives will be supported by five knowledge sections:
- Strengthening costing capacity
Advances the fiscal costing of structural reforms by introducing new costing skills and tools and approach to decision-making in the process.
- Enhancing budgeting
Promotes understanding the nature and size of the impact of SRs on the national budget.
- Enabling environment for policy design and implementation
Reinforces practical skills of line and finance ministries’ officials, and ERP coordinators needed for stronger government coordination, better budget negotiations, and confident reform implementation.
- Increasing cost transparency
Enables transparency and accountability of structural reforms.
- Improving document quality
Enhances the design of the planning documents of structural reforms/ERP.
The project is designed for EU candidates and potential candidates. It is meant for public officials at top, middle and junior levels involved in the design, fiscal planning, implementation and coordination of structural reforms and ERP, including:
- Budget and finance officials
- Service delivery managers
Ministries of finance
- Heads of main departments
- Budget experts and analysts
- HR and communication specialists
Agencies and other institutions
- Budget and finance officials
- National ERP coordinators
- Structural reform coordinators
Find the related learning initiatives below and choose the one that meets your needs.
We invite you to join the Line Ministries Portal, an online community of experts, to exchange knowledge with your peers.