How to Use the Knowledge and Capacities of Tax Intermediaries
How will you benefit
During this webinar participants will be informed about the most important rules of Anti Tax Avoidance Package, European Commission’s ambitious agenda for fairer, simpler and more effective corporate taxation in the EU. Lecturers and participants will also discuss how to promote ways to involve tax intermediaries in boosting transparency and preventing cross-border tax planning.
By the end of the webinar we will have:
- Discussed Anti Tax Avoidance Package and its main elements (Anti Tax Avoidance Directive proposal, Revision of the Administrative Cooperation Directive, Recommendation on Tax Treaties, Communication on an External Strategy for Effective Taxation.)
- Described the relevance of Anti Tax Avoidance Package in participants’ countries.
- Described the cross-border nature of tax avoidance and exchanged views on ways towards coordinated approach in applying existing rules.
- Discussed existing proposals for boosting the transparency.
- Exchanged experiences.
What will you learn
We will address the following areas:
- EC’s Anti Tax Avoidance Package
- Aggressive Tax Planning
- Tax transparency
- Coordination and communication actions against tax avoidance.
Who should attend
The webinar will engage officials, mid-to-senior level managers, who work in the field of national tax law enforcement, international co-operation or cross-border profit shifting and tax fraud. In this respect representatives of tax administrations, ministry of finance tax policy departments, judiciary, anti-corruption agency as well as customs administrations and other law enforcement bodies are encouraged to register.
- Margarete Rosner-Liskounig, European Commission, DG Taxation and Customs Union
- Steven van der Vrande, charted accountant, Tax and Custums Administration, the Netherlands (NTCA)
He graduated two years ago as an accountant. He has ten years of working experience at the Netherlands Tax and Custums Administration. In his daily work he audits the corporation tax and VAT tax returns of construction- and real estate companies.
- Dennis ten Hove, chartered accountant, Tax and Custums Administration, the Netherlands (NTCA)
He has been working for the Netherlands Tax and Custums Administration since 2006. In his position as technical coördinator for tax audit he is responsible for the excecution and quality of the tax audits the NTCA is performing at the large businesses in the North of Netherlands. He also advises their management on strategic matters, he teaches audit techniques and in 2017 and 2018 he was to Ethiopia and Uganda for missions related to Tax Audit.
When: September 18, 2019 from 10:00 until 11:30 CEST.
Where: From the convenience of your own computer, tablet or smartphone; you are encouraged to jointly connect with your colleagues.
How: You need to install the WebEX plugin to your device. This will take only a few minutes but may require informing your system administrator. For detailed technical information please read the Guidelines on how to attend a webinar before the webinar starts.
Participation is free of charge.
To register for this webinar click the “Apply now’’ button on the right-hand side, or click here. You will be redirected to the CEF Online Learning Campus, where you need to click the “Enroll’’ button under the title of this webinar.
Please see General Information on Learning at the CEF.
This learning initiative was supported by: