Monitoring Implementation of Structural Reforms
About this learning event
This hybrid workshop will address monitoring as a phase of the policy cycle while focusing on structural reforms outlined in ERPs. It will offer hands-on knowledge of possible methods and available tools for monitoring of implementation and results of structural reform measures.
The workshop will be strongly based on exercises, peer-review, self-learning and sharing of practical know-how by experts. The theoretical content and concepts will be limited to a minimum necessary for practical work on developing key performance indicators for ERP structural reform measures and the use of indicators for reporting on implementation and monitoring of results.
What will you learn
The practical oriented workshop will offer many opportunities to learn new approaches and interesting information with sharing experiences, having discussions with exerts and working on case studies.
The knowledge shared at the workshop will include:
- the difference between process (implementation, output) indicators and results (outcome) indicators, and the difference between monitoring and evaluation,
- practical examples and know-how on finding good indicators by exploring available databases, analytical materials, the objectives and purposes of the measure,
- practical examples of establishing the baseline value and setting of realistic and meaningful targets for indicators, based on analysis of past data and the content of the measure,
- simple tools and methods to select the most appropriate and useful indicators (based on the OECD Monitoring Tool for ERPs),
- simple presentational tools, based on indicators, to summarize the information on implementation and on progress towards expected results,
- examples of good practices.
Who should attend
This online course is designed for officials of finance and line ministries (and other budget beneficiaries) engaged in ERP structural reform measures and their monitoring.
The workshop will be delivered by:
CEF Associate Fellow, Professor of Economic Policy; former Minister of Finance of Slovenia
CEF Expert and former State Secretary, Ministry of Finance of Slovenia
CEF Expert and former State Secretary of Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Labor, Family, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities, Slovenia
Format: The hybrid workshop will take place face-to-face and online. The F2F workshop will be 2,5 days long with interesting sessions each day available to the online audience.
Location: The hybrid workshop will take place at the CEF premises in Ljubljana Slovenia and online.
Language: The event will be delivered in English.
Participation fee: No participation fees will be charged for beneficiaries of the FISR project.
This event is delivered as part of the EU funded multi-country project “Strengthening Line Ministries’ Capacities to Assess Fiscal Implications of Structural Reforms” (FISR) implemented by the CEF. Participation of public officials from Moldova is made possible by the Ministry of Finance of the Slovak Republic.
Submit your application today to secure your spot at our course. Deadline for applying to this course is September 22, 2021.Apply