Improving Communication Skills in Tax Auditing Process
Effective communication is perhaps the most important of all life skills. It enables us to pass information to others, and understand what is said to us. For audit professionals strong communication skills are as important as technical skills. Tax auditors provide relevant information to different stakeholders and influence their behavior and attitudes. For that reason, it is critical in what way the audit findings and recommendations are communicated as this affects the perceived impact and quality of the audit.
What will you learn
This online course will allow participants to learn about the essentials of clear and effective communication tax auditors require when working with different audiences. Participants will also learn about a range of methods to deliver information accurately and get the right message across.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Psychological aspects of communication (types of personalities and how these affect the communication process)
- Types of defenses during communication, dealing with defenses and reaching a win/win communication result
- Managing open, honest, and sometimes difficult discussions
- Paying attention to body language, tone of voice, and choice of words
- Asking for feedback and suggestions
- Focusing on “quality over quantity” of communications
We will provide a safe environment for group discussions and exercises to practice different scenarios and build confidence.
Who should attend
This online course has been designed for heads of tax audit units, tax auditors, and other key personnel of tax auditing.
The success of this online course is directly dependent on the participants’ active engagement in the discussions and group work. Participants are required to have a very good command of the English language.
The course will be delivered by:
- Victor Lipet, Head of Operational Audit Division, National Bank of Moldova
Applications are to be submitted by October 11, 2021.
Experts and participants will meet during five webinars scheduled for:
- Monday, October 18, 2021 at 9:00 – 10:30 CEST — The importance of communication
- Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 9:00 – 10:30 CEST — The art of listening
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 9:00 – 10:30 CEST — The joy of having conversations
- Wednesday, October 27, 2021 at 9:00 – 10:30 CEST — The negotiation process
- Friday, October 29, 2021 at 9:00 – 10:30 CEST — Our experiences
The course will use Webex video conferencing software to allow participants to connect to the event using their office or home computers and smartphones.