Online Learning Methodologies and Tools
This interactive online training-of-trainers is designed for those who want to explore learning methodologies and tools that work in an online environment. The focus will be on the organization, content preparation and facilitation of online courses, webinars and online meetings. We will use diverse learning methodologies and practical work to address how to create a friendly online learning environment, show ways to design effective learning activities and discuss approaches to the implementation of online learning events. We will explore online learning solutions through real cases, such as digitalisation of the Economic Reform Process (ERP) in the Western Balkans and Turkey.
About this learning event
New working arrangements are constantly changing. The ability to adjust to the ongoing changes and the demand for high skilled workers is on the rise. Public institutions need to adjust to the new reality that the Covid-19 pandemic created. Having proper digital skills nowadays is a must. Public officials are put into a position where they need to communicate regularly online, perform quite an extent of their work through newly developed platforms, organize online meetings and webinars, or even organize online courses, and do even more online. This learning event will address challenges that public officials face while working in such circumstances.
Through this online course, we will identify challenges that we face while working in an online environment. We will explore different online tools and techniques that can help us tackle those challenges, learn about theories of learning, online facilitation styles, and how to organize and deliver an online learning event (e.g. online meeting, webinar, online course). We will learn through practical work and different case studies, such as digitalisation of the Economic Reform Process (ERP) in the Western Balkans and Turkey, how these skills can help us perform better at work and achieve greater organizational impact.
The online learning course will last for a duration of up to 2.5 days, and will include interactive discussions through four webinars, the study of learning resources, and practical team assignments via CEF Online Learning Campus. Peer and experts support will be provided throughout the course. See the tentative agenda on the right side of the screen.
What will you learn
During this online course, you will:
- Understand key principles of efficient online learning
- Discuss the components of a successful online learning event
- Examine various online facilitation styles
- Identify strengths and limitations of various learning methods
- Apply online techniques and tools through organizing an online event
- Reflect on real cases
- Implement feedforward technique in real situations
Who should attend
This training is designed for public officials working on a particular sectoral policy at ministries of finance and line ministries, HR specialists, team leaders, practitioners who are responsible for organizing online training for their staff, and others interested in learning and knowledge sharing. Everyone, who would like to be better while working in an online environment and organizing effective online learning events is welcome to join this course.
The online course will be delivered by:
- Ana Osredkar, a co-founder and director of Servis 8, the first service design studio in Ljubljana, Slovenia, and the initiator of Ljubljana Service Jams. She has been switching from corporate to startup and freelance for the past 15 years, wearing project lead, design researcher, service designer, team lead and facilitator hats.
- Andrija Aleksoski, Assistant Head of Department for relations with the EU and international financial institutions, Ministry of Finance of North Macedonia, National ERP Coordinator for North Macedonia. He is the author of the discussion paper Advancing the Digitalisation of the ERP Preparation Process.
- Ajda Turk, Program Specialist, CEF, is an expert on knowledge management and organizational learning, and leads at the CEF the learning and knowledge ecosystems area. She holds a degree in adult education, and has been involved in the development of the CEF (online) learning approach since 2016.
- Želimir Stanić, Event Facilitator, CEF, is a member of CEF’s Learning Program Team and is responsible for support and implementation of programs, projects, and other activities at CEF. He has rich experience in designing and delivering face-to-face, online and hybrid events.
This event is delivered as part of the EU-funded multi-beneficiary project “Structural Reforms Better Integrated Within Fiscal Frameworks” (FISR2) implemented by the CEF.