About this learning event
At this workshop, we will cover various practical and conceptual aspects of compiling national financial accounts. We will address topics such as the balance sheet approach, sector-by-sector, instrument-by-instrument, stock-flow reconciliation and system of accounts reconciliation, valuation and consolidation. As a result, participants will be able to understand financial accounts concepts and gain insights into practical steps to compile financial accounts. Participants will also have the opportunity to exchange views and experiences, and strengthen regional and institutional cooperation with the practitioners.
Specifically, at the workshop we will discuss:
- General topics on financial statistics, including conceptual issues, practical solutions for compiling, compilation system of financial and nonfinancial accounts, stock-flow compilation and sector reclassification, addressing data gaps
- Sector-by-sector approach, including sectors S11, S12, S13, S14, S15 and S2, as well as data sources, balance sheet, instrument/sector classification, use of information and other issues related with listed sectors
- Instrument-by-instrument approach, including a compilation of financial instrument (F5), securities, loans, other accounts receivable/payable and linking nonfinancial transactions with financial instruments
Who should attend
This workshop is intended for compilers of financial statistics, working in central banks and national statistical institutions; users of financial accounts and policy analysts from other public sector institutions. We will also consider applications from officials working in related areas.
The workshop is highly interactive and participants are required to actively participate at all parts of the event. The event includes work in groups on case studies and discussion sessions, so a working knowledge of English is required to take participation.
The learning initiative/event will be delivered by:
Emmanuel Manolikakis, Senior Economist, IMF
Pierre Sola, Adviser, ECB
- Snezana Janeska Popovska, Director of Statistics Department, National Bank of the Republic of North Macedonia
- Jonathan Migeon, Head of National Financial Accounts Unit, Banque de France
- Irena Drmaž, Director of the Statistics Department, Banka Slovenije
- Liudmila Ichim, Deputy Head of Division, Department of Reporting and Statistics, National Bank of Moldova
- Shqipe Hajredini, Statistics Department, Central Bank of Kosovo
For all the necessary information please read the General Information on Learning at CEF. Participants who need visa, are invited to submit their application as soon as possible.
This learning initiative was supported by: