WeLearn: Participative Governance and Listening at a Bigger Scale
About this learning event
The workshop is part of the project “WeLead: EU Scheme for Young Professionals in the Western Balkans”, a four-year multi-beneficiary project funded by the European Commission (EC) and implemented by the CEF. It will be organized back-to-back with the study visit of the component WeExperience. The project aims to contribute to good neighbourly relations and the advancement of the EU integration process of the Western Balkans. It aims to encourage young professionals to step out as emerging leaders of ideas, people, and reforms by zooming in on the themes of participative governance and listening at a bigger scale.
Public participation in governance is a basis for better policy and services and understanding the needs and values of citizens so that public sectors can be responsive, resilient and relevant. It enables deeper understanding of complex issues and stakeholder needs, wiser decision making and the development of relevant and sustainable strategies and actions.
This workshop will help participants gain a deeper understanding of the need and importance of participatory governance and acquire tools and methods for its implementation. It will also put special emphasis on the principles and skills of listening.
During this workshop, we will:
- Learn and explore what is Participatory governance and why it is relevant in the context of Public Administration
- Practice and experience participatory tools and methodologies that can be integrated into the work within institutions and when working with other stakeholders
- Explore the added value of the Listening at Larger Scale methodology and its implication for participative governance
- Learn to recognize patterns and practise collaborative sensemaking in exploring complex issues
- Strengthen the leadership skills and capacities of young professionals through experiential learning, coaching and mentoring
- Learn from the good practices and experience of participatory governance from the European Commission
- Develop ideas for projects that are relevant to the participants
- Connect, co-create and have fun
WeLead participants part of the component WeLearn and WeExperience.
- Petra Založnik, Leadership and Learning Ecosystem Trainer and Facilitator
- Adrijana Strnad, CPF, Organisational development consultant, Leadership Trainer and Facilitator
- Representatives of the EC (TBD)
This event is delivered as part of the EU-funded multi-beneficiary project “EU Scheme for Young Professionals in the Western Balkans” (WeLead) implemented by the CEF.