Ways to Achieve Higher Quality in the Audit Process
At the workshop designed for Montenegrin internal auditors, participants will explore standards for effective management of internal audit (IA) function. Under the guidance of international experts, they will get an overview of relevant theory, discuss implications for practice, and work on case studies and practical examples.
What will you learn
International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of the IIA require heads of IA functions to “effectively manage the internal audit activity to ensure it adds value to the organization.” In discharging this responsibility, heads of IA unit are required to prepare and implement Quality Assurance and Improvement Programs (QAIP), including efficiency and effectiveness of the IA function, internal and external assessments as well as assessment of the IA function’s conformance with the Standards. Accordingly, heads of IA function play a critical role in responding to these demands and need to develop a broad toolkit of technical and managerial skills.
To help the heads of IA function address these requirements, the workshop will cover the following topics:
- Requirements of the international audit standards pertaining to management of the internal audit function, importance of the Audit Charter and maturity models
- Requirements of the standards on QAIP
- Practical experience with developing and implementing quality assurance and improvement programs and communicating their results
How you will benefit
Experienced IA practitioners will interpret the requirements of the relevant Standards and share their insights into how to translate them into practice. In addition, the learning event will provide a platform for discussion among peers about the requirements and approaches for improving the management of IA functions in their institutions and the Montenegrin public sector as a whole.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of the international standards on quality assurance and improvement programs and managing the IA function
- Learn how to apply maturity models
- Learn about best practices in developing QAIPs and identify areas for improvement
- Understand best practices in managing the IA function
Who should attend
The workshop will bring together Montenegrin internal auditors from ministries, agencies and other public sector organizations in Montenegro.
The workshop will be delivered at RESPA, Danilovgrad, in local language.
Tina Toman Pfajfar, Head of the On Site Inspection Section, Insurance Supervision Agency, Slovenia
Mojca Ferjančič Podbregar, Internal Audit Expert, Slovenia
This learning initiative is supported by: