Professional Capacities of the Montenegrin Accountants Successfully Strengthened
For a number of years, the CEF has been supporting public sector accountants in Montenegro by running internationally recognized Public Accountants Certification Training (PACT) program. This professional qualification program was delivered for three generations of Montenegrin public sector accountants between 2015 and 2020.
During the delivery of PACT we are proud that the following milestones have been achieved:
- In total 28 public accountants successfully passed all exams and gained CIPFA International Certificate in Public Financial Management for Public Sector Accountants.
- Local tutors with different professional profiles were trained in learning methodologies for high-quality and participatory training delivery.
- We have provided study material in the local language. The materials were also updated with national specifics and handed over to local authorities in Montenegro.
- Through the delivery of various project activities and localization efforts, the Human Resources Management Authority (HRMA) and the Ministry of Finance of Montenegro built a stronger relationship and trust between both institutions. Their roles in the delivery of future localized trainings were also clearly identified and distinguished in the Training Manual.
- A legislative framework has been set up to support accounting reform and introduction of the compulsory certification training for heads of accounting units in the public sector of Montenegro.
Key milestones and achievements are captured in the infographic PACT in a Nutshell here.
The implementation of the PACT training program in Montenegro was financially supported by Slovak, Slovenian and American governments and by in-kind support of the Ministry of Finance of Montenegro and the CEF.