Programming Structural Reforms for the ERP 2023-2025: Serbia (online part)
This workshop will be delivered as continuation of the CEF’s support to the European Union (EU) candidates and potential candidates in preparation of their Economic Reform Programmes (ERP) for the period 2023 – 2025. It is aimed at building capacities of line ministries to define structural reforms, estimate their implementation costs and financing resources, in line with the latest European Commission’s (EC) Guidelines for the ERP preparation (published in June 2022).
About this learning event
Structural reform measures outlined in the ERPs are set to tackle the most important structural obstacles to competitiveness and inclusive growth of a country, while also reflecting their medium-term priorities in various areas. In the situation where macro-fiscal stability and fiscal risks are additionally highlighted due to global economic developments, it is even more important that all measures introduced to the ERP are well prioritized and realistically planned, costed and financed.
As a response, the objective of this event is to provide a platform for assessing the scope and accuracy of envisaged implementation costs and funding sources for the measures proposed for the 2023 – 2025 ERP, in line with the Methodological Guidance for Costing of Structural Reforms (CEF Costing Guidance) and the latest EC’s Guidance for the ERP preparation. We will also touch upon the descriptions and activities of the drafted structural reform measures in light of their alignment with the envisaged costs and funding, as well as on the key performance indicators (KPIs) for monitoring SRs.
It will be delivered in two parts:
- the online part will be and will be focused on the articulation of reform measures and their prioritization,
- the face-to-face part will be focused on costing and KPIs.
What will you learn
This workshop will be highly participatory and oriented toward practical implementation of the CEF Costing Guidance, to the structural reforms drafted for the next ERP. By attending it, the participants will have a possibility to meet and jointly work with their peers from other institutions involved in the ERP preparation process, under the guidance of the ERP Coordination Team, as well as experienced local and international experts. In particular, they will:
- Learn about the novelties from the EC‘s Guidance for the ERP 2023-2025 and how they influence the ERP preparation process
- Refresh the knowledge about the CEF Costing Guidance and practically implement it on the draft measures
- Appraise how well-articulated measures’ description and sequencing can contribute to realistic costs and secured funding for their implementation
- Assessing how to effectively monitor the implementation of structural reforms by using KPIs.
The event is designed in close cooperation with the ERP Coordination team in Serbia, to secure the specific learning needs are well addressed. It builds on the series of CEF events for the public officials from Serbia, that were delivered under the FISR project from 2019 – 2021.
Invited to participate are the officials involved in the design, costing, and budgeting of structural reforms outlined in the ERP, which include:
- National ERP Coordinator and ERP Coordination team (for the ERP Chapter 5 on Structural Reforms)
- Members of the working group for the ERP preparation
- Officials working at the finance and IPA departments of line ministries
- Officials working at the budget department of the Ministry of Finance
- Policy planning experts from the government’s policy coordination body and/or Prime Ministers’ office.
- Mojmir Mrak, CEF Expert
- Jelena Rančić, CEF Expert
- Guidance for the ERP 2023-2025 of the Western Balkans and Turkey
- Costing Guidance
- Costing Guidance – video
- Practical examples to implement Costing Guidance
- Tips and tricks for writing structural reform measures
- Tips and Tricks to implementing Costing Guidance
This event will take place in two parts:
- The online part will be organized on October 4 and 5, 2022 (via Zoom).
To join the online part of the event, please apply by September 30, 2022, via the online application form.
Access details will be shared timely, before the online session.
- The face-to-face part will be organized on November 29 and 30, 2022 in Serbia.
To join the face-to-face part of the event, you will apply via the online application form which will be opened later.
Logistical details will be shared timely before the face-to-face session with all registered participants.
- The event will be held in the Serbian language.
- Meals and refreshments during the face-to-face event will be provided to all participants.
- Upon successful completion of this event, you will receive a certificate.
- No participation fee will be charged.
This event is delivered as part of the EU-funded multi-beneficiary project “Structural Reforms Better Integrated Within Fiscal Frameworks” (FISR2) implemented by the CEF.