ERP 2024-2026: Integrated Planning and Coordination - Bosnia and Herzegovina
About this learning event
This event will address planning and coordination aspects essential for successful preparation of the 2024-2026 ERP. We will identify possibilities for developing the 2024-2026 ERP in a well-coordinated manner aligned with the latest specifics from the EC’s Guidance note. We will use this opportunity to initiate planning of structural reforms for the ERP, while taking into account the EC’s country specific recommendations, current progress in implementation of reforms, and the identified key challenges. Therefore, this event will provide space for a cooperative planning for a smooth coordination of the upcoming ERP cycle and for strengthening the ties between all contributors in the ERP preparation process. Participants will be encouraged to discuss, co-design and find clear agreements and activities, essential for their joint planning of ERP preparation.
In further support to the ERP process, parallel with this workshop, a series of high-level consultation meetings will be organized with institutional leaders and HR professionals. At these meetings, we will highlight how the concept of learning organization can help ministries constantly develop the capacity to effectively design, cost, budget, implement and communicate SRs. Special attention will be given to good practices of policy coordination.
What will you learn
By attending this workshop, you will have a possibility to work with the ERP Coordination Team and representatives of other institutions involved in the ERP preparation process in your country, by addressing the following topics:
ERP planning and prioritization
- Learn about the upcoming cycle for preparation of the 2024-2026 ERP and your role in it
- Renew your knowledge about ERP and structural reforms fundamentals
- Contribute to the identification of obstacles and prioritization of key challenges
- Sketch structural reforms for the 2024-2026 ERP that most adequately address the identified priority challenges
- Refresh knowledge about the Costing Guidance, and appraise how well-articulated measures’ description and sequencing can contribute to realistic costs and secured funding for their implementation
- Assess how to effectively monitor implementation of structural reforms by using performance indicators.
ERP coordination process - integrated and aligned
- Gain insight into the coordination process that leads all engaged officials to work on and finalize a quality ERP
- Add your ideas and views in facilitated discussions to align the process (potential improvements in coordination, information flow, authorizations, collaborations practices)
- Better connections enable better coordination - participate in bringing together participants in the ERP process and encouraging stronger ties between them
- Participate in enabling collaborative planning for smooth implementation of the ERP process
The event is designed in close cooperation with the ERP Coordination team in Bosnia and Hercegovina, to secure the specific learning needs are well addressed. It builds on the series of the CEF events for the public officials from Bosnia and Hercegovina, that were delivered in the period between 2019 – 2022.
Invited to participate are the officials involved in the design, costing and budgeting of structural reforms outlined in the ERP Chapter 5, which include:
- ERP Coordinator and its team members
- Members of the working group for preparation of the ERP
- Officials working at finance and IPA departments of line ministries
- Officials working at budget department of Ministry of Finance
- Policy planning experts from government’s policy coordination body and/or Prime Ministers’ office.
This event will be facilitated by:
- Tijana Stanković, CEF Expert, former ERP Coordinator in Montenegro
- Merdža Plahonjić Handalić, CEF Expert, PFM Specialist in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- David Šturm, CEF expert
- This event will take place face-to-face in Jahorina, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Accommodation, meals, and refreshments during the event will be provided to all accepted participants.
- The event will be held in the local language.
- Upon successful completion of this event, you will receive a certificate.
- No participation fee will be charged.
This event is delivered as part of the EU-funded multi-beneficiary project “Structural Reforms Better Integrated Within Fiscal Frameworks” (FISR2) implemented by the CEF.