ERP 2024-2026: Integrated Planning and Coordination - North Macedonia
About this learning event
This event will address planning and coordination aspects essential for the successful preparation of the 2024-2026 ERP. We will identify possibilities for developing the 2024-2026 ERP in a well-coordinated manner aligned with the latest specifics from the EC’s Guidance note. We will use this opportunity to initiate planning of structural reforms for the ERP, while taking into account the EC’s country specific recommendations, current progress in implementation of reforms, and the identified key challenges. Therefore, this event will provide space for cooperative planning for smooth coordination of the upcoming ERP cycle and for strengthening the ties between all contributors in the ERP preparation process. Participants will be encouraged to discuss, co-design and find clear agreements and activities, essential for their joint planning of ERP preparation.
By attending this workshop, you will have the possibility to work with the ERP coordination team and representatives of other institutions involved in the ERP preparation process in your country. We will look into the specifics related to the planning, prioritization as well as coordination of the ERP process.
Within addressing the ERP planning and prioritization process, you will:
- Learn about the upcoming cycle for preparation of the 2024-2026 ERP and your role in it
- Renew your knowledge about ERP and structural reforms fundamentals
- Contribute to the identification of obstacles and prioritization of key challenges
- Sketch structural reforms for the 2024-2026 ERP that most adequately address the identified priority challenges
- Refresh knowledge about the Costing Guidance, and appraise how well-articulated measures’ description and sequencing can contribute to realistic costs and secured funding for their implementation
- Assess how to effectively monitor implementation of structural reforms by using performance indicators.
By learning how to integrate and align the ERP coordination process, you will:
- Gain insight into the coordination process that leads all engaged officials to work on and finalize a quality ERP
- Add your ideas and views in facilitated discussions to align the process (potential improvements in coordination, information flow, authorizations, and collaborations practices)
- Better connections enable better coordination - participate in bringing together participants in the ERP process and encouraging stronger ties between them
- Participate in enabling collaborative planning for smooth implementation of the ERP process
The event is designed in close cooperation with the ERP coordination team in North Macedonia, to secure the specific learning needs are well addressed. It builds on the series of the CEF events for the public officials from North Macedonia, that were delivered in the period between 2019 – 2022.
Who should attend
Invited to participate are the officials involved in the design, costing, and budgeting of structural reforms outlined in the ERP Chapter 5, which include:
- ERP coordinators and members of the ERP coordination team
- Members of the working group for preparation of the ERP
- Officials working at finance and IPA departments of line ministries
- Officials working at the budget department of the Ministry of Finance
- Policy planning experts from the government’s policy coordination body and/or Prime Minister’s office
This event will be facilitated by:
- Saša Jazbec, CEF Expert, State Secretary at the Ministry of Finance of Slovenia
- Silvana Mojsovska, CEF Expert, Professor at the Institute of Economics in Skopje
- Jasenka Gojšić, Organizational and Leadership Coach, Facilitator of Transformative Learning and Trainer of Generative Skills
- Meals and refreshments during the event will be provided to all participants.
- We will offer welcoming, interactive, and people-centered learning methods that stimulate knowledge absorption.
- Upon the successful completion of this event, participants will receive a certificate.
This event is delivered as part of the EU-funded multi-beneficiary project “Structural Reforms Better Integrated Within Fiscal Frameworks” (FISR2) implemented by the CEF.