Integration of Structural Reforms from the ERP 2024-2026 into Budgets: Serbia
Workshop 1: September 18-19, 2023
Workshop 2: November 9-10, 2023
This event marks a continuation of the CEF's commitment to supporting European Union (EU) candidates and potential candidates in their preparation of Economic Reform Programmes (ERP) for the period 2024 – 2026. Our primary aim is to enhance the capabilities of line ministries in defining structural reforms, estimating implementation costs and financing resources, and identifying key performance indicators (KPIs) in alignment with the latest European Commission's (EC) Guidance for the ERP 2024-2026, published in July 2023.
About this learning event
Structural reforms (SRs) outlined in the ERPs are set to tackle the most important structural obstacles to competitiveness and inclusive growth of a country, while also reflecting their medium-term priorities in various areas. As a response to this, the objective of this event is to provide a platform for the preparation of the ERP Chapter 5, in line with the latest EC’s Guidance for preparation of the ERP 2024-2026, the Methodological Guidance for Costing of SRs (CEF Costing Guidance), and Manual for KPIs selection and monitoring implementation of structural reforms in the ERP (CEF Manual for KPIs). During two workshops, we will address how the descriptions and activities of the drafted SRs should be aligned with the estimated costs and funds, as well as with the KPIs.
What will you learn?
The event is designed in close cooperation with the ERP Coordination team in Serbia, to ensure that the specific learning needs are well addressed. This event will be highly participatory and oriented towards practical implementation of the CEF Costing Guidance and the CEF Manual for KPIs, to the SRs drafted for the ERP 2024-2026. By attending, you can meet and jointly work with peers from other institutions involved in the ERP preparation process, under the guidance of the ERP Coordination Team. In particular, you will:
- Learn about the novelties from the EC‘s Guidance and how they influence the ERP preparation process
- Learn how to prioritize SRs for the ERP 2024-2026 according to the new EC’s Guidance
- Refresh the knowledge about the CEF Costing Guidance and practically implement it
- Appraise how well-articulated measures’ description and sequencing can contribute to realistic costs and secured funding for their implementation
- Use the CEF Manual for KPIs to effectively monitor the implementation of SRs by using KPIs.
The event will be delivered in two workshops, one in September and another one in November. The program will focus on embedding the novelties from the EC’s Guidance and prioritization of drafted SRs and reviewing the drafted priority SRs for the ERP Chapter 5.
ERP Coordinators, the Working group members for the ERP preparation and the ERP Coordination Team.
- Mojmir Mrak, CEF Expert, Professor at the University of Ljubljana
- Jelena Rančić, CEF Expert, former Assistant Minister at the Ministry of Finance of Serbia
- Guidance for the ERP 2024-2026 of candidate countries and potential candidates
- CEF Costing Guidance
- CEF Costing Guidance – video
- Practical examples to implement CEF Costing Guidance
- Tips and Tricks to implementing CEF Costing Guidance
- Tips and tricks for writing structural reform measures
- CEF Manual for KPIs (available in early September)
- This event will take place face-to-face, in Vršac, Serbia.
- To join the event, you will need to submit the application via the online application form.
- The event will be held in the Serbian language.
- Accommodations, meals, and refreshments during the event will be provided.
- Upon successful completion of this event, you will receive a certificate.
- No participation fee will be charged.
This event is delivered as part of the EU-funded multi-beneficiary project “Structural Reforms Better Integrated Within Fiscal Frameworks” (FISR2) implemented by the CEF.
This learning initiative was supported by: