Integration of Structural Reforms from the ERP 2024-2026 into Budgets: Türkiye (by invitation)
This event will be highly participatory and oriented towards practical implementation of the CEF Costing Guidance and the CEF Manual for KPIs, to the SRs drafted for the ERP 2024-2026. By attending it, you will have a possibility to meet and jointly work with the peers from other institutions involved in the ERP preparation process, under the guidance of the ERP Coordination Team.
About this learning event
This event marks a continuation of the CEF's commitment to supporting European Union (EU) candidates and potential candidates in their preparation of Economic Reform Programmes (ERP) for the period 2024 – 2026. Our primary aim is to enhance the capabilities of line ministries in defining structural reforms, estimating implementation costs and financing resources, and identifying key performance indicators (KPIs) in alignment with the latest European Commission's (EC) Guidance for the ERP 2024-2026, published in July 2023.
Structural reforms (SRs) outlined in the ERPs are set to tackle the most important structural obstacles to competitiveness and inclusive growth of a country, while also reflecting their medium-term priorities in various areas. As a response to this, the objective of this event is to provide a platform for preparation of the ERP Chapter 5, in line with the latest EC’s Guidance for preparation of the ERP 2024-2026, the Methodological Guidance for Costing of SRs (CEF Costing Guidance), and Manual for KPIs selection and monitoring implementation of structural reforms in the ERP (CEF Manual for KPIs). We will address how the descriptions and activities of the drafted SRs should be aligned with the estimated costs and funds, as well as with the KPIs.
What will you learn?
The event is designed in close cooperation with the ERP Coordination team in Türkiye, to secure the specific learning needs are well addressed. This event will be highly participatory and oriented towards practical implementation of the CEF Costing Guidance and the CEF Manual for KPIs, to the SRs drafted for the ERP 2024-2026. By attending it, you will have a possibility to meet and jointly work with the peers from other institutions involved in the ERP preparation process, under the guidance of the ERP Coordination Team. In particular, you will:
- Learn about the novelties from the EC‘s Guidance and how they influence the ERP preparation process
- Learn how to prioritize SRs for the ERP 2024-2026 according to the new EC’s Guidance
- Refresh the knowledge about the CEF Costing Guidance and practically implement it
- Appraise how well-articulated measures’ description and sequencing can contribute to realistic costs and secured funding for their implementation
- Use the CEF Manual for KPIs to effectively monitor implementation of SRs by using KPIs.
The event will consist of two parts:
- Online consultation meeting with ERP Coordination team on October 2, focused on embedding the novelties from the EC’s Guidance and prioritization of drafted SRs.
- At the face-to-face workshop on December 4 — 5 we will review drafted priority reforms/measures for the ERP Chapter 5 — focusing on clarity of descriptions, result indicators, expected impact, costing and financing of measures.
Who should attend?
Invited to participate are the officials directly involved in the ERP process in Türkiye.
- The online meeting will be held together with the ERP Coordination Team
The face-to-face workshop will be organized for officials/experts from Line Ministries that contribute to the ERP document and the ERP Coordination Team. We will work with three groups based on three reform areas (for each area, we will have a half-day session):
- Sustainability and resilience,
- Human capital and social policies.
- Janez Šušteršič, CEF Expert, former Minister of Finance of Slovenia
- Melahat Kutlu, CEF Expert, Strategic Planning Expert
- Online meeting with ERP Coordinators will take place on October 2, 9:00 CET (Zoom meeting)
- Two-day face-to-face workshop will take place on December 4 — 5 in Ankara, Türkiye.
- To join the workshop, please submit the application by November 10, 2023 via online application form (will be shared with the invitation)
- The workshop will be held in Turkish and English languages.
- A workspace, coffee breaks and meals during the workshop will be provided.
This event is delivered as part of the EU-funded multi-beneficiary project “Structural Reforms Better Integrated Within Fiscal Frameworks” (FISR2) implemented by the CEF.