Writing Policy Notes: Making Ideas Clear and Concise
About this learning event
At this workshop, participants will hone their skills to write policy notes as a tool for communication of ideas among policymakers and stakeholders. They will learn how to effectively write reform programs so that the ideas become clear and concise.
During this course, you will:
- Discuss the need to communicate reform ideas through instruments like policy notes and briefs
- Get a better understanding of the importance of well-written structural reforms
- Practice how to empower the Economic Reform Programme (ERP) with clear and concise ideas of reforms, ready to be discussed and adjusted in simple and effective ways
- Review your own work with renown experts in writing
Who should attend
You will gain most of this workshop if you are a public official working on sectoral policies, performing policy analysis and designing and writing policy reforms, like structural reforms for the ERP and other governmental documents. The workshop is open to members of policy departments in line ministries, ERP teams and the NRE. The geographical focus is on the EU candidate countries and potential candidates from the Western Balkan.
The learning initiative/event will be delivered under the guidance of:
- Saša Jazbec, CEF Associate Fellow
- Silvana Mojsovska, CEF Expert
- Noah Charney, CEF Expert
- Vlado Dimovski, CEF Expert
- Irena Lukač, CEF Chief Officer, Governance and Communication
The event will take place on September 26-28 at the CEF premises in Ljubljana, Slovenia. No participation fee will be charged. Travel and accommodation costs will be covered by CEF. Meals and refreshments during the event will be also provided to all participants. For all the necessary information please read the general information on learning at the CEF.
This event is delivered as part of the EU-funded multi-beneficiary project “Structural Reforms Better Integrated Within Fiscal Frameworks” (FISR2) implemented by the CEF.