ERP 2024-2026: Integrated Planning - Serbia
This workshop will be delivered as a continuation of support to the European Union (EU) candidates and potential candidates in preparation of their Economic Reform Programmes (ERP) for the period 2024 – 2026.
About this learning event
This event will address planning and coordination aspects essential for the successful preparation of the 2024-2026 ERP. We will identify possibilities for developing the 2024-2026 ERP in a well-coordinated manner aligned with the latest specifics from the EC’s Guidance note. We will use this opportunity to initiate planning of structural reforms for the ERP while taking into account the EC’s country specific recommendations, current progress in the implementation of reforms, and the identified key challenges. Therefore, this event will provide space for cooperative planning for smooth coordination of the upcoming ERP cycle and for strengthening the ties between all contributors in the ERP preparation process. Participants will be encouraged to discuss, co-design and find clear agreements and activities, essential for their joint planning of ERP preparation.
In parallel with the workshop that will gather the members of the ERP preparation working group, a series of high-level consultation meetings will be organized with institutional leaders and HR professionals. At these meetings, we will highlight how the learning organization concept can help ministries constantly develop the capacity to effectively design, cost, budget, implement and communicate SRs. Special attention will be given to good practices of policy coordination.
What will you learn
By attending this workshop, you will have the possibility to work with the ERP Coordination Team and representatives of other institutions involved in the ERP preparation process in your country, by addressing the topic of ERP Planning and prioritization:
- Learn about the upcoming cycle for preparation of the 2024-2026 ERP and your role in it
- Renew your knowledge about ERP and structural reforms fundamentals
- Contribute to the identification of obstacles and prioritization of key challenges
- Sketch structural reforms for the 2024-2026 ERP that most adequately address the identified priority challenges
- Refresh knowledge about the Costing Guidance, and appraise how well-articulated measures’ description and sequencing can contribute to realistic costs and secured funding for their implementation
- Assess how to effectively monitor the implementation of structural reforms by using performance indicators.
Who should attend
Invited to participate are the officials involved in the design, costing and budgeting of structural reforms outlined in the ERP Chapter 5, which include:
- Members of the ERP Coordination team
- Members of the working group for preparation of the ERP
- Officials working at finance and IPA departments of line ministries
- Officials working at the budget department of the Ministry of Finance
- Policy planning experts from the government’s policy coordination body and/or Prime Minister’ office
- Mojmir Mrak, CEF Expert, Professor at the University of Ljubljana
- Jelena Rančić, CEF Expert, former Assistant Minister at the Ministry of Finance of Serbia
- ERP at a Glance
- Guidance for the ERP 2024-2026 of the Western Balkans and Türkiye
- EC Council's policy recommendations for North Macedonia
- ERP 2023-2025 of North Macedonia
- EC assessment of the ERP 2023-2025 of North Macedonia
- Template for the ERP preparation plan
- Costing Guidance
This event will take place face-to-face, outside Belgrade, Serbia.
- To join the event, you will need to submit the application via the online application form (details will follow).
- The event will be held in the Serbian language.
- Accommodations, meals, and refreshments during the event will be provided to all participants.
- Upon successful completion of this event, you will receive a certificate.
- No participation fee will be charged.
This event is delivered as part of the EU-funded multi-beneficiary project “Structural Reforms Better Integrated Within Fiscal Frameworks” (FISR2) implemented by the CEF.