ERP 2024-2026: Integrated Planning and Coordination - Kosovo*
About this learning event
This workshop will address planning and coordination aspects essential for successful preparation of the 2024-2026 ERP. We will identify possibilities for developing the 2024-2026 ERP in a well-coordinated manner aligned with the latest specifics from the EC’s Guidance note. We will use this opportunity to initiate planning of structural reforms for the ERP, while taking into account the EC’s country specific recommendations, current progress in implementation of reforms, and the identified key challenges. Therefore, this event will provide space for a cooperative planning for a smooth coordination of the upcoming ERP cycle and for strengthening the ties between all contributors in the ERP preparation process. Participants will be encouraged to discuss, co-design and find clear agreements and activities, essential for their joint planning of ERP preparation.
In further support to the ERP process, preceding this workshop, a high-level consultation meeting will be organized on July 11 with institutional leaders and HR professionals. At this meeting, we will highlight how the concept of learning organization can help ministries constantly develop the capacity to effectively design, cost, budget, implement and communicate SRs. Special attention will be given to good practices of policy coordination.
What will you learn
The workshop will give you the possibility to work with the ERP Coordination Team and representatives of other institutions involved in the ERP preparation process in your country, by addressing the following topics:
ERP Planning and prioritization
- Learn about the upcoming cycle for preparation of the 2024-2026 ERP and your role in it
- Renew your knowledge about ERP and structural reforms fundamentals
- Contribute to the identification of obstacles and prioritization of key challenges
- Sketch structural reforms for the 2024-2026 ERP that most adequately address the identified priority challenges
- Refresh knowledge about the Costing Guidance, and appraise how well-articulated measures’ description and sequencing can contribute to realistic costs and secured funding for their implementation
- Assess how to effectively monitor implementation of structural reforms by using performance indicators.
ERP coordination process – integrated and aligned
- gain insight into the coordination process that leads all engaged officials to work on and finalize a quality ERP
- add your ideas and views in facilitated discussions to align the process (potential improvements in coordination, information flow, authorizations, collaborations practices)
- Better connections enable better coordination - participate in bringing together participants in the ERP process and encouraging stronger ties between them
- participate in enabling collaborative planning for smooth implementation of the ERP process
The event is designed in close cooperation with the ERP Coordination team in Kosovo, to secure the specific learning needs are well addressed. It builds on the series of the CEF events for the public officials from Kosovo, that were delivered in the period between 2019 – 2022.
Invited to participate are the officials involved in the design, costing and budgeting of structural reforms outlined in the ERP Chapter 5, which include:
- ERP Coordinator and its team members
- Members of the working group for preparation of the ERP
- Officials working at finance and IPA departments of line ministries
- Officials working at budget department of Ministry of Finance
- Policy planning experts from government’s policy coordination body and/or Prime Ministers’ office
- Valmira Rexhëbeqaj, CEF Expert; former Director of the Department for Economic and Public Policy in Ministry of Finance
- Petra Založnik, CEF expert, Designer and Facilitator
- This event will take place face-to-face in Kosovo
- To join the event, please submit the application, which is available once the event dates are set
- The event will be held in Albanian and English language
- Accommodation, meals and refreshments during the event will be provided to all participants
- Upon successful completion of this event, you will receive a certificate
- No participation fee will be charged
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status and is in line with UNSC 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.
This event is delivered as part of the EU-funded multi-beneficiary project “Structural Reforms Better Integrated Within Fiscal Frameworks” (FISR2) implemented by the CEF.