Towards Integrating Structural Reforms and Fiscal Framework in Bosnia and Herzegovina (By Invitation)
About this activity
The activity “Towards Integration of Fiscal Frameworks and Structural Reforms in Bosnia and Herzegovina” is aimed at strengthening the capacities of institutions in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BIH) to prepare and submit the Economic Reform Programme (ERP) for the period of 2021 – 2023, that is aligned with the European Commission (EC) Guidance for preparation of ERP for the period of 2021 – 2023 and the EC Assessment of the ERP.
In particular, the objective of this activity is to facilitate a process of a) consolidation of fiscal frameworks and b) improved alignment of the ERP Chapters on fiscal frameworks and structural reforms, within the current multi-level governance setting in BIH.
The main partner and owner of this activity is the Directorate for Economic Planning of BIH, that performs the coordination role in the preparation of the BIH ERP.
This activity will last for six months and include a series of online meetings that will be structured in a way to facilitate the above processes through the realization of the following tasks:
- Define realistic objectives and a common approach to work between participants
- Nourish collaborative problem-solving approach, open communication, and negotiation skills between participants
- Create an overview of the existing processes and procedures in preparation and consolidation of the ERP’s Chapter 4
- Identify gaps and steps needed for improving the alignment of fiscal frameworks of all BIH entities, and potentials for strengthening the link with structural reforms outlined in the ERP’s Chapter 5
- Discuss prospects for strengthening consolidation of fiscal data and medium-term budget projections
- Develop Guidelines for improving (i) the management of coordination processes in preparation and consolidation of the ERP’s Chapter 4, and (ii) the link between the ERP’s Chapter 4 and Chapter 5
Who should attend
This activity is designed for the officials from Bosnia and Herzegovina working on the preparation of the inputs for ERP Chapter 4, as well as on their consolidation.
The activity will be delivered in close collaboration with:
- Marko Primorac, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Economics, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Simona Rakuša, Coach, Hiša Dialoga, Slovenia
- This activity will be delivered online in the period between January 1 – June 30, 2021.
- It will feature series of online meetings and discussions among the participants, EC, and faculty.
- Learning materials and online meetings will be available in the local language.
- Participation is open only for the selected group of officials and possible only upon receiving the official invitation.
- No participation fee will be charged.
This online course is delivered as part of the EU funded multi-country project “Strengthening Line Ministries’ Capacities to Assess Fiscal Implications of Structural Reforms” (FISR), implemented by the CEF.